The following document provides information on Blue Llama that will be useful for sales and customer service.
General Blue Llama Information
- Our company tagline is “We make digital simple.”
- Our value statement is “We craft websites, applications and AI automation to grow and simplify your business.”
List of Services we provide with a description
- Web design – we design and develop websites for an assortment of businesses predominantly built on WordPress. We build simple one page brochure websites, up to multifaceted corporate websites.
- Ecommerce websites – we create online shops using WooCommerce. We have skills in conversion rate optimisation, payment methods, EPOS integrations, custom checkout processes and a whole heap more.
- Web development – we can make you website do lots of things, from integrating into your internal systems (CRM etc.) via APIs, through to creating knowledge repositories and password protected customer portals.
- Web hosting – We provide secure, high performance hosting through our hosting providers in the UK and EU. We typically use WP Engine or Digital Ocean.
- Website maintenance and support – Our customer care plans ensure that your website or app is kept to-to-date and free from vulnerabilities that may mean it is open to attack. We do this via a schedule of updates to the underlying software. On top of this we also provide support so that your team can update content and keep things looking bright and shiny.
- Domain registration – We register domains with all sorts of domain suffixes including Channel Islands domains like .je and .gg. Unfortunately we can only register domains for customers who develop websites with us.
- Web application development – We can create sophisticated custom web applications that take your business logic and provide your team and customers with an easy, scalable way to do business.
- Mobile app development – We can create mobile apps and PWAs to do just about anything.
- AI Assistants – We can harness the power of powerful AI Language models like ChatGPT to create chatbots (or “AI Agents”) that know about your business, customers, processes, policies and procedures, providing quick, conversational access to information, either for external customers or internal employees.
- AI Automation – When we combine our AI assistants with your company’s data the possibilities are endless. For example, we can provide conversational tools for your customers that are fully integrated with your CRM. We can connect with a variety of APIs to bring about true AI automation.
Technology We Use
Website technology we use:
- We typically us use WordPress as the CMS on our website projects
- On top of WordPress we add the Elementor plugin which is a drag and drop editor.
- WooCommerce is our preferred choice when it comes to ecommerce. This plugin sits on top of WordPress.
Web development technology we use:
- Laravel is our preferred framework for custom web apps.
- WordPress and Laravel use the PHP language so we are very skilled in this.
- We have strong SQL skills.
AI technology we use:
For building AI chatbots (assistants or agents) it is important to note that the technology is rapidly changing. We keep abreast of these changes and also use what we feel are the best tools at the time based on the requirements of the project.
- While we can use Claude, Llama and Bard for AI LLMs, tend to use the ChatGPT API as to date this provides the best results.
- Custom GPTs
- Voiceflow is a no code way of building advanced conversation flows including both traditional tree style chatbot elements as well as AI components.
- Stack AI is used for more advanced bots where we need more control over the AI knowledge base and more advanced AI and API integrations.
Web and Application hosting providers we use:
- WP Engine
- Digital Ocean
Online Payment Providers we use:
- Opayo is our preferred payment provider for high transaction websites as they have a good payment portal and great support.
- CityPay are a very good payment provider based here in Jersey. There support is great and they can do custom integrations.
- PayPal are a good payment provider choice if you have low transaction volumes and want a quick and easy integration with no monthly charge.
- We can integration with many other payment providers for both one off or repeat payments. It is important to note that Stripe and GoCardless are not normally available for Jersey residents. 😞
Our Company Location
We are headquartered in St Brelade, Jersey, Channel Islands. However, our staff are all remote across Europe so we prefer video meetings via Zoom, Google Meet or MS Teams.
We don’t have a dedicated office but Phil is happy to meet in St Helier or throughout the island.
Our Business Hours
We are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. We are closed weekend and Jersey bank holidays.
Blue Llama Team Members
As of Q4 2023 we have seven core team members within Blue Llama.
The following is a list of the team members who work for Blue Llama and their role in the company with their country of residence, phone number and/or email address.
Name: Phil de Gruchy
Phil’s Role: Managing Director
Phil’s Location: Jersey, UK
Phil’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil’s Phone: +44 1534 888490
Name: Maria Dimova
Maria’s Role: Client Support Manager
Maria”a Location: Varna, Bulgaria
Maria’s Email: email@example.com
Maria’s Phone: +44 1534 888491
Name: Roman Chernetskii
Roman’s Role: Frontend Developer
Roman’s Location: Lviv, Ukraine
Roman’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Alina Stelmakh
Alina’s Role: Backend Developer
Alina’s Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Alina’s Email: email@example.com
Name: Maja Oresan
Maja’s Role: UX Designer
Maja’s Location: Ireland
Maja’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name: Milan Jerković
Milan’s Location: Serbia
Milan’s Role: Chatbot Developer
Milan’s Email: email@example.com
Name: Gabriel Pacaccio
Role: Project Manager
Location: London, UK
Main Contact Information
- Phone: +44 1534 888490
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We take on projects between £3k to £50k+
Our current hourly rate is £97.50 but we provide our clients with fixed costs for a project and after digging into their requirements we will create a full proposal with a breakdown of the project costs.
Website costs – Our pricing for websites is discussed on the following page https://bluellama.co.uk/costs/ Typically our prices for websites start at £3,000 with an average cost of around £8,000 but we have completed website projects for over £50,000. Every project is different and we can’t give costs over the phone, we typically need at least one or two meetings to uncover your exact needs and arm us with enough detail to provide a cost. It would be best to setup a call with Phil to go through requirements and then a proposal can be created. As well as the one off project cost, there is also hosting and care plans (maintenance and support) to consider. Hosting is an annual cost and typically comes in at around £300 per year. Care plans depend on the sophistication of your website, this is a monthly cost.
Web and mobile apps costs – We would need to dig into a clent’s requirements to determine how much a web application or mobile app would cost. Business web applications typically cost more than websites because of the custom nature of the logic and we are implementing. Native mobile apps that can be downloaded from your phone’s app store can be expensive to develop and there is the barrier in needing your users to download the app. Often a website or what is called a progressive web app (PWA) can be more cost effective. In any case the first step to all of this is to setup a call with Phil to discuss your requirements.
AI costs – Again the cost of our AI Assistant (also known as ab AI Agent or AI chatbot) and AI Automation services really depend on your requirements. This service is aimed at SMEs so we try to keep costs down. As well as development costs, you should also consider support and maintenance (care plan) and the usage costs of the language model we are using such as ChatGPT. I’d suggest a call with Phil to discuss a project and walk you through the possible costs.
Channel Island Domain registration
We are currently not registering .je or .GG domains unless it is for clients who would like us to create their website too. If a client is just looking for just a .je or .gg domain to register then we suggest they do this through the domain registration portal on https://www.channelislandhosting.net/local/
Blue is a digital agency with a focus on website design and development, app development and AI assistants and automation. These three services are what we do. We do not typically undertake digital marketing projects such as SEO, SMM, SEM. However, we have a strong set of partners that can undertake this work in partnership with us. These include:
- Visual brand development – We partner with Steve Slattery of STS Graphics when a client needs a brand created. This normally includes a logo suite and a brand summary guide containing information on fonts, colour palette etc.
- Video production – Video is so effective on a website. We team up with Slingshot Films for the creation of beautiful videos that can tell the story of a product or company.
- Photography – Our go-to photography on the island is Andy Le Gresley. Andy has never failed us yet in creating beautiful shots, be that of people, places or products.
- Digital Marketing and copywriting – Summer Lister is our go to marketeer. She can provide you with a brand strategy or marketing plan as well as write the written copy for your website. She also undertakes social media management for her clients.
Careers opportunities at Blue
We are a remote first business and employ top performing digital specialists from around Europe. If you are interesting in working for Blue Llama and think you have what it takes then please email email@example.com
Typically we bill projects in stages at milestones along the project timeline. Our invoices have a 30 day payment term.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or anything to do with accounts or invoices.
We can provide general information but with any project we’ll need to dig into the specifics so it is best to book a discovery call with Phil to go through your details and he can then provide a proposal with costs.
If you are an existing client and require help with an existing digital product or service that we have created for you then please contact email@example.com or if urgent call 01534 888491 to speak direct to Maria, our support Manager. We do not want people contacting Phil or our firstname.lastname@example.org email address as this means the support tickets wll not be logged.
Blue Llama Social Media Accounts
Here is a list of our social media accounts that people can follow to find out what we are up to. Feel free to provide these to people to boost our following.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/BlueLlamaWebDesign/
- Twitter/X – https://twitter.com/i/flow/login?redirect_after_login=%2Fphildegruchy
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-llama-digital/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/_bluellama/
- Parish of St Helier: Enabling parishioners to quickly find what they need and interact with the parish online.
- Safeguarding Partnership Board: A clean and intuitive website to help keep adults and children safe.
- Rosscot: A fresh website to get people excited about accountancy.
- Jersey Child Care Trust: A website for one of Jersey’s most respected charities.
- Lucky.je: A progressive web app to help people check their Channel Island Lottery tickets.
- Cloud Coach: Conversion-focused websites for a global SAAS brand.
We love to work with NPOs including charities and local governments. We will consider offering discounts for charities depending on the project.